Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Waking Dreams

I am tired and I am bored and perhaps a bit blah. I read somewhere that being bored was something lazy people say. That there are things to do and boredom is the excuse to not do the things that must be done.
Whatever.
If I was folding the laundry right now I would still be bored. I know this because I have done it ad nauseum. Being busy does not equate to being engaged. Being completely in the moment is wonderful and I have been there, even in the laundry process.
Not today though.
Today I want calgon to whisk me away for an afternoon horse ride, a hike in the mountains, or a walk in the woods. I want to think about what I have read today and wonder about what I haven't.
I don't want to wonder if Baby has once again put a whole roll of toilet paper in the toilet thereby clogging it yet again. I don't want to think about how quiet it's gotten and if I am going to have to rescue some pet or other from Baby's house of beauty. I don't want to be thinking about what new and delightful food to prepare for supper or even pondering the possibility of busting out a tried and true family favorite.

I am tired.

Maybe I should sleep.
Dreams, take me where I want to be.
Or should I wake?
To live where my dreams are.

6 comments:

Nej said...

I was praying to the Calgon gods yesterday afternoon...big time. "Calgon take me away" actually came out of my mouth, and not only that, people heard me say it. :-)

You can be bored, while still not being lazy. You can be bored with what you're not lazy doing.

Dr. Nej recommends copious amounts of fresh air, what's the weather like there today?

Dark Cloud Nine said...

seems like you're *bored* or tired with your responsibilities... can you take a little one or two hour break from them? have tea with a friend or on your own in a coffee shop maybe? or a walk in a nice place? movie?

ginstonic said...

Some days are just that way. There was a commercial years ago that said the blahs are sort of like the blues, only physical. I think you are getting spring fever my dear.

Brook said...

And I have missed 2 consecutive ballet classes due to weather and menstruation that might have a little someting to do with it too! Nej-it is currently cold nasty raining but you are right getting some fresh air would be good-prediction for tomorrow-sunny chance of snow(I wish)
Life On Edge-definitely need a break-probably Friday-fingers crossed!
Mom-you know it definitely spring fever or something remarkably like it.

Spellbound said...

You know you're going to look back on these years as the best in your life. Such is the amazing ability of the human mind to condense the years they were rearing their children into about a year of golden magic momenta and forget about the 17 years of crap and exhaustion. Thanks for reminding me.

Brook said...

You are right, but you see, this is the second(actually third but let's not go there today) time I am going through this and I can really feel the difference 12 years makes. The sun is shining today and I'm hoping for a nice long walk.