Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow day

I love snow, a holdover from my childhood I am sure.
I love snow days too.
Snow days equal deliciousness at our house. Deliciousness with a clean-up crew!
Today's repast featured sticky buns, thick cut bacon and fresh strawberry banana salad.
Thank god I only made 6 sticky buns.
We have been known to do other fun cooking projects on snow days(B and I).
"Snow Day Truffles" for the neighborhood.
Super rich and creamy hot chocolate.
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
Coffee cakes.
Quick breads.
I seem to save my sweet endeavors for these days of forced inactivity.
That snow days are few and far between here is perhaps a good thing after all.

8 comments:

Nej said...

My favorite snow day food - well, drink.

Peanut Butter Mug Puddles

Yummy!!! :-)

Huff Daddy said...

'"Snow Day Truffles" for the neighborhood.'

Wow! I wish I lived in your neighborhood!

Brook said...

Nej-What is a peanut butter mug puddle?
HD-Snow Day truffles included:
cayenne
cinnamon
cayenne cinnamon
coconut
pecan
coconut pecan
They were well recieved by all. How 'bout I find my recipe so you don't have to move? Though there are a few houses for sale in my neighborhood.

Nej said...

Take your favorite mug, put a big plop of peanut butter in it (the non deadly kind of course). Squirt chocolate syrup over the peanut butter, fill the mug with milk and microwave for 30 seconds or so.

It's like drinking a Reece's Peanut Butter Cup.

A friend of mine and I made it up one snow day in high school...with ingredients we found in her mom's kitchen.

The name may have been added later though. I can't remember if that was our idea, or if it was something we found later in life.

Brook said...

That reads to me like crack in a cup. I'll have to give it a try on a day when I have not maxed out my sweet tooth!

Nej said...

It's definitely not in my "healthy recipes" mental rolodex. :-) :-) :-)

The CEO said...

I should not come visit unless I can leave my diabetes home.

Brook said...

CEO-we generally only have treats on snow days so avoid those few days and bring it on!