Saturday, February 14, 2009

I love myself



Today I committed to writing one thing I love about myself.


Sorry Head Possum, I forgot to post the guidelines.


They go something like this.


I write something I love/like about myself.


And you, my readers do the same in the comments.


I in return will tell you what I like about you.





So here goes.





I love that I finally had to courage to take my body back from grief.


Being strong enough to be the person I want to be physically and emotionally is a constant challenge and I am glad to take on the task every day.


I love that I have the courage to sport my super red hair. It is so red, so vibrant and to me reflects my newfound bravery in first recognizing what I want and then being bold enough to go for it. Looking back and smiling at the people who are taken aback by the sheer redness of my hair does something for me.


I am not ashamed.


I am brave.


I love my body.


I love myself.

Your turn.


10 comments:

Me said...

I love your wittiness and thoughtfulness, cause you are damn funny, even on an off day. :)

Spellbound said...

You have such a lovely sensual mouth, such a lovely sensual mind. To be a redhead either by birth or by choice is to put yourself out there and willingly accept the consequences.

What I love most about myself is my passion, my lust for life, the body I have worked so hard for, and my red hair. Oh, and my shoes, always the shoes.

M@ said...

I like your blue eyes.

Myself? I like my blue eyes.

Brook said...

Thanks guys!
Me-I love making people laugh!
Spellbound-really thanks, what a boost, I needed that!
M@-I think we have the same eyes and ps I like yours too!

ginstonic said...

I love how smart you are, not just intellectually, though you are that, but in the manner of seeing a well put together outfit and saying that is a smart ensemble.
I love how much I love my kids and their kids. The way my heart seems to physically swell inside my chest when I stop, really stop and put them in my thoughts.

WanderingGirl said...

I love how honest you are, even about the painful stuff. And i love that everyone but your Mama came by way of my blog!!!!

Victoria said...

I love that you are perfectly genuine, beautiful and fun.

You have a distinct style and point of view. And you have guts.

You have managed to make me laugh and cry. Funny, smart and real, completely chapstic-centric: I feel like I've known you years.

I mean that.

Me?

I admit, I love that my left hand is completely undamaged by time, while my right is that of a 41 year old who has worked hard with her whole life.

That, if this were an episode of CSI, they would easily determine my right handedness (almost "one handedness").

And, if you saw me typing right now, you would agree. :)

Happy Valentine's Day. Brook!

Brook said...

Mom-thanks!
WG-you have good friends-another thing I like about you!
V-it's crazy but true, I feel the same way. I am so glad we answered Lyyvie's questions!

The CEO said...

I agree, I love your hair, your humor, and that you are moving past your grief.

Dark Cloud Nine said...

I like that you are strong.

And about myself, I like the same thing. Even though that strength comes from hurt.

And on a side note, I wonder if we tend to like in others what we like in ourselves :)