Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Manifestation of Desire

I found my necklace!
I have been quietly despairing for weeks now, devastated by its loss.

The necklace I got in Shanghai.
It was in my chair.

What makes it very strange is that I got the chair after the pig disappeared.
So bizarre.

And why this morning was I compelled to lift the cushion and plunge my hand into the depths of this used barcalounger?
The shock and the joy I felt, still feel, upon pulling this necklace from that dark recess is better than any Christmas in recent memory.

My jade pig is once again where it should be!

I wear it to remember some of the happiest, carefree days of my life,

In the hope of having similar experiences in the future.

Wanting to have those feelings now, as I go about my everyday life,

Sometimes succeeding.

9 comments:

The CEO said...

Congratulations on finding your necklace! Memories are wonderful and to be cherished! I'm happy for you.

Dark Cloud Nine said...

"I wear it to remember some of the happiest, carefree days of my life,

In the hope of having similar experiences in the future"

I love that!!

Brook said...

Ceo-cherish is a wonderful word isn't it?

LOE-Without hope we are lost. And honestly I do need the physical reminder to pull me back to my hopes and dreams.

Nej said...

Yipppeee!!!! The pig lives!!! We were just talking, here at work, about an hour ago...the joy of losing something and then finding it again. How funny is that??

It's like you get to re-live buying, you get to re-live the newness!!!!

Don't suppose my iPod was in you chair as well, was it? Darn thingis hiding!! :-)

Brook said...

Nej-The weirdest part is still it turning up in something I got after the pig went in hiding-kinda like your watch(I think)turning up exactly where you had already looked for it)Your ipod is probably making out with the Big Girls first ipod nano, it is long lost too.

Nej said...

I've had that same thing happen, when something shows up in a spot that was impossible to show up in when the thing went missing. I think I wrote a blog about it once actually. Let's see......

http://kayaknej.blogspot.com/2009/01/is-he-back.html

Brook said...

Yep the underpants gnomes strike again!

WanderingGirl said...

Oh hooraye it when lost things come back to us!

WanderingGirl said...

That was, Oh Hooray! I love it when lost things come back to us!