Monday, December 22, 2008

I am a flower with nothing interesting to say.
I haven't seen any cool things to share or thought of any scintillating ways to share the hohummness I am experiencing right now.
We found out yesterday that Christmas has been cancelled at Big Daddy D's family's place due to massive amounts of illness.
So now, here we sit, wondering what on earth we are going to do for the next 2 weeks with all this family time. In the past my Mom has come up over Christmas but she couldn't make it up here this year. My sister and her family took Amtrack to NYC for their Christmas.
I do like Christmas at home best and am really kind of glad that we will be here for that. But it's one day out of 16. So now we are thinking of going to Washington DC for a few days. I would love to be able to spend a few days by myself in the museums there. Dragging through on my own time, taking as long as I want at each exhibit, wallowing in the excited hush and emotion that grips me as I discover for myself the treasures of our past and my present.
I'm thinking that a crazy 4 yr old, semi-sulky 16 yr old and a hyperactive hubby might not want to experience our nation's capitol the way I would.
But it might be nice to try.

No comments: