Sunday, January 25, 2009

$8 worth of ground chuck can be the start of 4 meals(each!) for 4 people!

That breaks down to $.50 per person per meal! Isn't that awesome? Don't you want to do it too?Today meatloaf with enough meatloaf leftovers for lunch for 4 on Tuesday. 6 mini meatloaves in the freezer for a quick meal sometime in the future and 1/2 lb of soboro(Japanese "taco" meat for lunches in the future(also in the freezer).
My meal plan for the week:
Sunday supper-Meatloaf and mashed potatoes with green beans and gravy
Monday lunch- Soy Sauce eggs, rice, carrots, broccoli, clementines and chocolate
supper- Country ham asparagus pizza from scratch(there are never any leftovers)
Tuesday lunch- Meatloaf, rice, steamed veggies, clementine, chocolate
supper- Spam musubi
Wednesday lunch- Spam musubi, clementine, chocolate
supper- Salmon Patties, potato cakes, frzn broccoli
Thursday lunch- Soboro bento(rice, soboro, nori), clementine chocolate
supper- Spaghetti and meatballs in marinara sauce, salad
Friday lunch- Spaghetti and meatballs w/marinara, salad, chocolate
supper- Homemade fishsticks with remoulade and sweet potato fries(all oven baked)
My grocery tab was a little over $40 to round out supplies, and even figuring in what I had in the pantry and fridge/freezer by my reckoning I will have made about 24 meals at roughly $3 dollars each. That is not bad in my book. I start each week with a meal plan and even thought I don't always stick to it, believe me it helps in the $ department. I am constantly monitoring the food I have on hand and if something needs, making I do it. I hate throwing away food! And really hate wasting money! And hey, if any of this stuff sounds good to you let me know and I will post the recipe-I would love to share. That is an idea, I'll post a recipe and maybe a pic a day.
Oh, I have no intention of this being a FOOD ONLY BLOG, but I absolutely love tooting my own horn in the budget and food department!

4 comments:

Huff Daddy said...

Good for you. Not my style but I like your enthusiasm. My wife loves meatloaf, she'd be happy with your planning. Me, I want to know more about Soy Sauce Eggs.

ginstonic said...

way to budget, baby girl.

Brook said...

Read on MacDuff!

The CEO said...

I love meatloaf!!!