Friday, July 29, 2011

Things in my freezer

I have a gallon bag of unshelled pecans in my freezer.
They've been there for a long time.
I think 7 or 8 years.
I doubt they are any good after all this time and honestly I have no intention of finding out.
They're the last of the pecans that I picked up at my Grandma's house right before she sold it.
That house was one of two that were the only constants in my growing up years and longer and though all of us were sad that it was no longer hers, we accepted and supported her decision to sell it.
I still have this Grandma and that's good but I have the pecan's to help me remember, well, everything else.
I think I must be a nostalgic squishy thing in the middle.
And perhaps just a little bit weird.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

OMG I get this! I had a huge tupperware container of my dad's chili taking up 3/4 of my freezer for years after he died. I even moved it to another apartment. I'm sure if the container were smaller it would still be there...!

Brook said...

Whew! I'm glad you get it-D thinks I'm crazy sometimes.
Which is strange since I'm a little crazy ALL the time and knows that.