Thursday, May 26, 2011

Simple things

Simple things can be the best you know?
Here is my homage to simple today:

Easiest cake recipe EVER

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1 pint of your favorite ice cream softened(this doesn't really work with "no sugar added" or "slow churned/low fat"ice creams)
1 1/2 cups self rising flour

Stir together that LONG LIST of ingredients just until mixed and pour into a lightly greased 9" cake pan, bake for about 40 minutes.
Let the cake cool for a minute and then upend it onto a cooling rack-depending on your preference you can tip it back up-since this is a single layer unfrosted cake I like it right side up. Let the cake cool and if you like you could serve it with a flavor appropriate sauce.

Today I made a coconut cake and I'm boiling down a can of pineapple in it's own juice together with about 1/4 cup of UNPACKED brown sugar to go alongside.
I anticipate a pretty tasty non-traditional coconut cake.
The verdict is in...very yummy and the recipe is a keeper.

We're gonna try double dark chocolate next, maybe with a nice raspberry sauce.


2 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

I cannot wait to try this!!!

Brook said...

It is really good and SIMPLE. I cannot emphasize enough the BARELY MIXING part. Seriously good and there's only one piece left. D is already talking about the next one-I think he's hoping for plain old chocolate.